Things making me happy these days:
- My husband, who is a newscaster on a certain Canadian public broadcasting radio station, recently managed to hide a Doctor Who reference in a story about wolves stealing calves from farms. "Farmers in the Abitibi have a Bad Wolf problem..." He waited until he was sure I would hear it. He's the best.
- I bought this Muppet Show lunch box in Old Quebec. It's pretty much the awesomest thing ever. And yes, I take my lunch to work in it. All
the other kids my co-workers are so jealous.
- The weather here has been pretty fantastic, which has meant a lot of sitting around drinking sangria on the patio.
- I go on two weeks' vacation as of Sunday. Even more sangria/patio action.
- Strawberries. Mmmm.
Things making me not so happy these days:
- I made the mistake of wearing a top with an empire waist to work today, and a customer said, "Oh, you have a bun in the oven!" My oven is currently bun-free. But thanks for making me feel bad about my weight, lady. I'm never wearing that shirt to work again.
- I had a follow-up doctor's appointment for my ongoing sinus problem. I am having surgery on Sept 25th to correct my slightly deviated septum.
- My mother wants to come up and visit this September for our birthday (She and I have birthdays two days apart). She plans to bring my dad with her. That'll be fun.
The good things outweigh the bad things, so I'm calling it a win.